Facial & Skin care
permanent make up treatment prices include 6 week top up
DERMAPLANING.... What is it?
- Manual exfoliation technique
- Removes surface debris
- Increases the absorption of your topical products
- diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Creates a more healthier, radiant looking skin
- Allows flawless make up application
- Primes skin for chemical peels
As Reported in Cosmopolitan magazine....
'Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment in which a doctor or aesthetician uses a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off any dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and (along with the peach fuzz on your face). you might be wondering Why is this necessary? It's because the building of dead skin and microscopic hairs can make your complexion appear dull, flaky, and can even cause breakouts due to clogged pores and hair follicles. Which is why this form of mechanical exfoliation is essential for maintaining an even healthy glow.'
9 things to know about DERMAPLANING
- Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types. Patients with sun damage, fine lines, very dry skin and dull skin are great candidates. However, since the procedure requires use of a sharp scalpel, those with enflamed acne should pass on it until their complexion clears up.
- Contrary to what you might think, dermaplaning will not make your hair grow back thicker or darker. Once your hair begins to grow back it might feel different because the hair was cut straight across, but it's actually the same texture as before and grows at the same speed. It also just might seem thicker because the hair was bluntly cut by the razor versus having a natural point to it.
- There's no downtime. Some light redness can be expected but not always. It's perfectly fine and common to make an appointment during lunch and go right back to work after the 40-minute treatment.
- You'll need to be very diligent with SPF afterward. You should always wear sun protection every day — especially when you're outside for a prolonged period of time — but post-exfoliation your skin is especially susceptible to the sun. So, if you don't take sun protection seriously, you might want to skip this sloughing treatment.
- You can expect to spend anything from £50-100 on a dermaplaing treatment. But you'll notice a difference in your skin's texture and tone immediately, so it's worth it.
- It'll change your life as far as makeup application goes. Ever notice how peach fuzz tends to stand out even more underneath foundation and face powders? Well, since the dermaplaning razor removes all the little hairs on your face, your makeup will go on super smoothly. Your skincare products will also be more effective, since the product isn't being blocked by dead skin cells and can penetrate the skin faster.
- The results can last up to four weeks. The procedure removes three weeks of dead skin cells, so your glow will last all month long. "But since your skin is always growing, you'll need to schedule an appointment every month or so to maintain your results,"
- Don't trust just anyone to perform the procedure. Make sure your technician has been trained to a very high standard.
- Don't try this at home. Since dermaplaning is performed with surgical scalpels (not your average razor), you should leave it to the professionals!
Microdermabrasion is also known as a half hour face lift or others call it the glowing skin miracle worker.
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure using a vacuum and fine crystals which remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells on the face. It works well on all skin types and will reduce the effect of fine lines and minor skin blemishes. The entire procedure usually takes about 30 minutes.
Who benefits from microdermabrasion?
People with uneven pigmentation, fine lines and clogged pores.People with acne scars (the procedure stimulates blood flow increasing the nutrition delivered to skin cells which improves cell production, improving skin’s elasticity and texture)
Who is it not recommended for?
People with rosacea, eczema, active sunburn, herpes, open pores, psoriasis, fragile capillaries, active acne or lupus.
There is little down time with microdermabrasion you may experience redness and slight swelling but this is a very short-lived side effect. The specialist will use a handheld device to direct a fine stream of tiny crystals across the skin to loosen dead cells and vacuum them away. After the procedure your skin may feel slightly flaky and dry and you may experience slight bruising from the suction but this is temporary.
Following the procedure, you must make sure you wear sunscreen as your skin will be more sensitive. It is recommended that you have a course of 4-6 sessions for best results.
LED Light therapy
LED light therapy can be used as a step in our bespoke facials after exfoliation and hydration. It is a proven anti-ageing method which many celebrities use to get ready for red carpet events!
LED meaning light emitting diode, this is a computer chip encased in a glass-like resin which emits therapeutic wavelengths or colours of light energy. LED therapy was originally developed to fast-track the healing of wounds and rejuvenate the skin.
When used on the skin the cells in the dermis layer of the skin will convert the light into a fuel (adenosine triphosphate) which the cell uses to do its job. This means the LED gives the cells a ‘full tank of fuel/ and the fibroblast cells start to produce collagen and elastin like when we was 20-25 years old!!
LED is great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improving uneven skin tone, reducing pore size, brightening the skin and rejuvenating the skin making you appear more youthful and the complexion more plumped up with new collagen.
There is no downtime with LED light therapy and it can even be done on your lunch break.
Meso vytal is also known as ‘The lunch time facial’. It takes around 60 minutes for a Meso Vytal facial and has very little downtime than with other facials such as derma-roller or microdermabrasion.
Skin damage, which leads to wrinkles, fine lines, dehydration and sagging all actually happen below the surface of the skin. As we age out bodies produce less natural collagen which provides support and prevents wrinkles from appearing. Meso Vytal facials delivers an injection of serum in-between the dermis and epidermis where this collagen naturally resides to encourage the plumping effect which reduces the appearance of aging in the skin.
A Meso Vytal facial will plump the skin from within and help the body to repair itself, immediately after your treatment your skin will look and feel smoother and more refined while fine lines and wrinkles are reduced.
Skin products used in most skin treatments will simply sit on the surface of the skin and les than 20% of these will be absorbed by our active skin cells. During a Meso Vytal facial a peel will be used to exfoliate the dead skin cells allowing new re growth, the AHA can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which will improve the texture of the skin, The Meso Vytal procedure itself causes minor trauma to the skin which along with the serum used further stimulates new production of collagen to maximise the effect.
The non toxic hexapeptides in the serum work in the same as as botox; plumping the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles!
To get the best results it is recommended that you book a course of 4 treatments and have them done with weekly intervals and then a monthly maintenance treatment to retain the results. However, the benefits of the treatment can be seen and felt immediately and the speedy results make Meso Vytal a great choice as a one off treat for your skin!
Treatment will include a gentle 5% AHA peel which removes dead skin cells, after this the skin will be cleansed and prepared for the Meso Vytal procedure. A serum packed full of beneficial ingredients is applied and pushed into the skin using circular strokes from a mechanised plastic needle. Once the procedure is complete a luxury face mask is applied and you can relax for a few moments to let the products absorb fully and finally an aftercare cream is applied to the skin.